ALAUX 012-19 AUXILIARY INCLUSION IN AMERICAN FORCES TRAVEL SERVICE
Posted by COMO Susan Davies on 01 November 2019 02:48 PM
24 JUL 2019
SUBJ: AUXILIARY INCLUSION IN AMERICAN FORCES TRAVEL SERVICE
1. A recent All Coast Guard Personnel Service Center message (ALCGPSC 074/19) announced the inclusion of Coast Guard Auxiliarists for access and utilization of the American Forces Travel℠ service (https://www.americanforcestravel.com/ ). American Forces Travel℠ is a new Morale, Well-being and Recreation (MWR) program arising from a joint military service initiative combining the efforts of each of the five branches of service (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard) and the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Community & Family Policy.
2. The American Forces Travel℠ site's back story indicates that because the Internet is now the most popular way to research and book travel, the branches of military service chose to evolve their travel offering. They have contracted with a world leader in travel, Priceline®, to deliver high value travel benefits to the U.S. military community. American Forces Travel℠ is transforming the way MWR provides online leisure services to military service members and families, empowering them to revitalize, reconnect, be well, and most importantly, be mission-ready. In addition to dramatically enhancing quality of life for the military community, American Forces Travel℠ will inject critical revenue into MWR programs by providing commissions from every booking made. The American Forces Travel℠ site offers travel deals and benefits just for active military, National Guard, Reserve, military service retirees, eligible family members...and now Coast Guard Auxiliarists. This includes access to a wide selection of discounted rates on hotels, air fare, rental cars, vacation packages, cruises and much more.
3. For access purposes, Auxiliarists will be prompted to validate their Auxiliary membership upon clicking any "Get Started" button. Please read the ALCGPSC 074/19 message below for more details.
SUBJ: AMERICAN FORCES TRAVEL – LEISURE TRAVEL WEBSITE ELIGIBILITY
1. Through a partnership with the DoD Services, Coast Guard Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation (MWR) launched the first and only military travel web site in January. DoD has contracted with Priceline to deliver a web-based travel booking engine to the U.S. military Services, www.americanforcestravel.com.
2. We are pleased to announce that American Forces Travel is now available to all Coast Guard Auxiliary in addition to all active duty military, eligible family members, and retirees that are eligible to use MWR programs. DoD will make it possible for all stateside appropriated and non-appropriated fund civilian employees to participate in the near future.
3. American Forces Travel provides online leisure services to all MWR patrons, allowing them to revitalize, reconnect, and most importantly, be mission-ready. In addition to enhancing quality of life for the military Services, American Forces Travel will return revenue to MWR programs by providing commissions from every reservation made. There are many for-profit online leisure travel products marketing to the military today, however American Forces Travel is the only official joint service owned online leisure travel program.
4. American Forces Travel is transforming the way MWR provides travel booking services for the MWR patron. Each month they are promoting specials with a savings of up to sixty percent off. With this new MWR leisure travel website, you can be stationed anywhere in the world and still get the best available prices, no matter where you live and work. American Forces Travel offers a Best Price Guarantee, so if you find a lower price for the same product within 24 hours of making the reservation, they will refund 100% of the price difference.
5. The American Forces Travel web site is currently open, and again, now available to the Coast Guard Auxiliary. To start your next trip, visit www.americanforcestravel.com and click “Get Started.” Users will be asked to verify their eligibility. The verification process is secure and the requested information is not retained.
6. CAPT P. N. Melnick, Command Deputy, CG Personnel Service Center, sends. The Service Center for our most important resource – Our people.
7. Internet release authorized.