ALAUX 019-18 AUXILIARIST OF THE YEAR
Posted by Susan Davies on 19 August 2018 06:31 PM
17 AUG 2018
SUBJ: AUXILIARIST OF THE YEAR
1. Auxiliarist Joseph J. Giannattasio of Flotilla 82, 5th District-Northern Region has been recognized as the 2017 Auxiliarist of the Year. The following ALCOAST recently announced Auxiliarist Giannattasio's selection. Honorable mention was earned by Mr. Joseph J. Leonard Jr., Flotilla 12, Eighth District-Coastal Region. Congratulations to Auxiliarist Giannattasio and all nominees!
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-5P//
SUBJ: 2017 AUXILIARIST OF THE YEAR
1. I am pleased to announce the selection of Auxiliarist Joseph J. Giannattasio of Fifth District-Northern Region Flotilla 053-08-02 in Cape May, New Jersey as the 2017 Auxiliarist of the Year.
2. An Auxiliarist since October 2003, Auxiliarist Giannattasio has consistently exercised extraordinary support of Coast Guard missions and concern for the welfare of Coast Guard and Auxiliary shipmates. As a qualified cutter watchstander aboard Cape May’s 87ft patrol boats, his watchstanding presence significantly enhanced quality of life and improved morale for the cutters’ crew members. Displaying exceptional expertise and perseverance, he spearheaded an innovative morale program that provided over $4,000 in donated iTunes gift cards to the Coast Guard personnel of Patrol Forces Southwest Asia (PATFORSWA). His superb foresight and planning were instrumental to their smooth delivery in time for the holidays, and provided an uplifting message to PATFORSWA personnel that their forward-deployed service was
3. Auxiliarist Giannattasio extensively engaged in a remarkably diverse array of local and national Auxiliary programs. This included direct support as a Coast Guard Team Coordination Training Facilitator providing essential and insightful training to Coast Guard and Auxiliary operational crews. He sustained certifications as a boat coxswain, instructor, program visitor, and vessel examiner, and served as the regional aviation program manager. As an Auxiliary Public Affairs Specialist and Branch Chief on the Auxiliary’s national Public Affairs staff, he advanced Auxiliary photo-journalism by supervising expansion of Auxiliary Photography Branch activities. As official photographer for the Auxiliary’s annual National Convention and National Training Conference, he provided invaluable support by meticulously documenting and
4. I applaud Auxiliarist Giannattasio’s service to nation, duty to people, and commitment to excellence. He will be formally recognized as the 2017 Auxiliarist of the Year at the Auxiliary National Convention in Orlando, FL on August 25, 2018.
5. Auxiliarist Mr. Joseph J. Leonard Jr., Flotilla 12, Eighth District-Coastal Region, is also recognized as honorable mention for his outstanding performance and achievement, most notably his response actions during the 2017 post storm recovery efforts on the
6. RADM John P. Nadeau, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, sends.
7. Internet release authorized.