ALAUX 005-18 ONLINE COAST GUARD UNIFORM SALES
Posted by COMO Susan Davies on 08 March 2018 04:29 PM
The Coast Guard Personnel Service Center announced the return of online Coast Guard uniform and uniform accessory sales through the Coast Guard Exchange System online store at https://shopcgx.com/ effective March 1, 2018. Coast Guard Auxiliarists are authorized to use this venue for making uniform purchases. Detailed guidance follows in the recently released ALCGPSC message 025/18:
14 FEB 18
1. Personnel Service Center (PSC) and Community Services Command (CSC) are excited to announce the return of online uniform and uniform accessory sales. All uniform sales processed through the Coast Guard Exchange System and fulfilled by the Coast Guard Uniform Distribution Center (UDC) will now be accessible to all authorized personnel 24/7 by visiting the Coast Guard Exchange System online store at https://shopcgx.com/, and selecting the Uniform section. The uniform inventory will be open for business and accepting orders starting on 1 MAR 2018.
2. Uniform purchases may only be made by authorized personnel, which include:
3. When accessing shopCGX.com to purchase uniforms for the first time, patrons will be required to establish a customer profile on a secure web page. Eligibility to purchase uniforms will be validated through DEERS or AUXDATA. Revalidation of patron eligibility must be done periodically to ensure an accurate and up to date customer profile. Users will be revalidated against their profile by submission of their name, last 4 digits of SSN, and birth date.
4. Eligible patrons will be able to browse the current selection of uniform items sold by the UDC. Customers will choose the size and order quantity of each item and place the item into an online shopping cart. In the secure check out, customers will provide shipping and billing address and payment details. Customer payment options include:
5. All customers are encouraged to use shop CGX.com or their local exchange stores. Orders by phone, fax, and e-mail will still be accepted during the initial opening of the system, but will eventually be phased out. Orders normally ship in 5-7 business days and customers can expect to receive their uniforms 10-14 days from placing their order. UDC Customer Service Agents will be available to answer questions regarding availability, status of orders, and to assist with questions regarding sizing or special measurement orders.
6. Like other orders for unit supplies, unit Purchasing Agents are authorized to use Government Purchase Cards on the web page to place unit orders for UDC supplied items. All purchase requests are subject to standard procurement policy and approvals prior to placing the order online.
7. For product return or exchanges, visit shopCGX.com and select the Return Policy Page to obtain a return authorization and shipping instructions, or by visiting one of the 64 Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) locations.
9. For questions specific to the shopCGX.com online shopping experience, contact CSC Customer Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-572-0230, Monday-Friday, 0900 to 1630 Eastern Standard Time.
10. Released by RDML M. T. Bell Jr. Commander, Personnel Service Center. The Service Center for our most important resource – Our People.
11. Internet Release Authorized.
2. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
3. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized