SUBJ: BASIC QUALIFICATION II (BQII) COURSE REQUIREMENT FOR NEWLY ENROLLED AUXILIARISTS - 002/18
- ALAUX 013/17 issued on September 22, 2017 announced the application of the Basic Qualification II (BQII) Course towards elected office eligibility and the Operational Auxiliarist (AUXOP) program. The BQII course provides comprehensive familiarization with many aspects of Auxiliary service including missions, programs, organizational structure, uniforms, customs, courtesies, and their associated governing policies. Successful completion of the BQII course by the date of nomination meets the same elected office eligibility requirement as that met by successful completion of the Administrative Procedures Course (APC) or the Flotilla Leadership Course (FLC) for election to Flotilla Vice Commander, Flotilla Commander, and subsequent higher elected offices. It also earns one leadership credit toward the AUXOP qualification.
- Effective February 1, 2018, all newly enrolled members of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary are required to complete the BQII course in order to move forward from Approval Pending (AP) status to any other Auxiliary membership status. It becomes a new element in the Auxiliary Mandated Training (AUXMT) program for newly enrolled Auxiliarists. Currently enrolled Auxiliarists, including those in AP status prior to February 1, 2018, are not required to take the BQII course, although it is highly recommended.
- The BQII course can be found on the Auxiliary training web site (www.cgaux.org/training) by clicking on the link for "Basic Qual II Course" in the menu on the left side of the page.
- The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
- Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.