SUBJ: 2018 NATIONAL SURFACE OPERATIONS WORKSHOP - 001-18
- In accordance with section 8.B.1. of the Coast Guard Auxiliary Manual (Commandant Instruction Manual, M16790.1 (series)), Auxiliary national leadership has the responsibility for identifying required workshops for currency maintenance purposes each year. This year in addition to the 1-hour Team Coordination Training (TCT) Refresher, they have identified the national surface operations workshop as mandatory for all coxswains, boat crew, Personal Watercraft Operators (PWO), paddle craft operators, and associated trainees.
- This workshop must be completed by June 30, 2018. If not completed by that date, program participants shall be regarded as not current in their competency, shall not be authorized to be assigned to duty to perform those program activities, and shall be placed in Required Workshop Not Met (REWK) status. A program participant placed in REWK status shall have until December 31, 2018 to complete the mandatory workshop without further consequence to their currency maintenance. If any currency maintenance requirement, including completion of this workshop, is not met by December 31, 2018, the program participant shall be placed in Required Yearly Not Met (REYR) status. Only the Director of Auxiliary has the authority to remove Auxiliarists from REWK status or REYR status.
- Although not similarly required, Auxiliarists who participate in Auxiliary aviation and communications programs are highly encouraged to complete their respective 2018 national aviation and telecommunications workshops.
- The 2018 surface operations workshop, as well as the 1-hour TCT Refresher and other workshops, can be located on the National Response Directorate website at http://www.rdept.wow.uscgaux.info./content.php?unit=R-DEPT&category=workshop-archives.
- The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
- Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
- - - - - - - - - -
Posted by DIR-U on 19 Jan 2018