ALAUX 001-17 2017 COAST GUARD MUTUAL ASSISTANCE (CGMA)
Posted by Susan Davies on 22 September 2017 09:32 AM
1. Coast Guard Mutual Assistance (CGMA) is the Coast Guard's official financial relief organization, offering essential aid to all within the Coast Guard community, including members of the Coast Guard Auxiliary. In 2016, over $4 million in assistance went out to meet needs within the Coast Guard family. Auxiliary members received $62,449 in direct financial assistance.
2. Among other assistance programs, CGMA offers help with education expenses, certified financial counseling, baby supplies for newborns, interest-free loans of up to $6,000 for general adoption expenses as well as a grant of up to $3,000 to help with the cost of the home study required for most adoptions.
3. As an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, CGMA receives no government funds. CGMA relies upon tax deductible contributions from people like you - men and women in the Coast Guard community who hold to the motto, "We Look after Our Own." Only with a steady infusion of donated funds can CGMA remain strong and ready to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
4. A letter will soon be mailed to all Auxiliarists with an invitation to participate in the 2017 annual CGMA fundraising campaign to be conducted throughout the month of April. All are encouraged to consider a donation to sustain the outstanding work of CGMA.
5. To learn more about CGMA, to seek assistance, or to make a secure credit card donation, please visit www.cgmahq.org.
6. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
7. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
- - - - - - - - - -
Posted by DIR-U on 9/22/2017