ALAUX 012-17 2016 AUXILIARIST OF THE YEAR
Posted by Susan Davies on 22 September 2017 09:15 AM
1. Commodore Ken Jacobs of Flotilla 77, 1st District-Southern Region has been recognized as the 2016 Auxiliarist of the Year. The following ALCOAST recently announced Commodore Jacobs' selection. Honorable mention was earned by Mr. Todd J. Wilkinson, Flotilla 52, Eighth District-Western Region and Mr. Joseph J. Giannattasio, Flotilla 82, Fifth District-Northern Region. Congratulations to Commodore Jacobs and all nominees!
R 101422 AUG 17
1. I am pleased to announce the selection of Commodore Kenneth E. Jacobs of First District- Southern Region Flotilla 77 in Fairfield, CT, as the 2016 Auxiliarist of the Year.
2. Commodore Jacobs has been an Auxiliarist since August 1998. He has progressively qualified in a wide variety of disciplines including Auxiliary instructor, boat crew member, air crew member, vessel examiner, and aids-to-navigation verifier. Throughout 2016, he applied superb leadership and commitment to excellence as he significantly advanced Auxiliary programs and improved the readiness of many Auxiliarists. As a Coast Guard Academy Admissions Partner and Diversity Outreach Officer, he strongly promoted the Coast Guard's Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan. He traveled to Montana, Wyoming, and Minnesota over a three-month period during which he met with tribal nations and provided representation to the annual American Indian Science and Engineering Societies Convention. His outreach efforts this past year enabled numerous people with diverse perspectives and skills to be brought into the Coast Guard, and led to his appointment as Assistant National Commodore for Diversity as well as a member of the Commandant's Leadership, Excellence and Diversity Council.
3. Commodore Jacobs also extensively engaged in local and national Auxiliary programs. He logged over 1,760 activity hours in support of a wide variety of Auxiliary missions including public affairs, marine safety, patrol operations, aids-to-navigation verification, and recruiting assistance. He performed over 90 vessel safety checks and helped qualify several Auxiliary Marine Environmental Education Specialists and Auxiliary Administrative Management Specialists. Additionally, he conducted several America's Waterway Watch presentations, assisted his fellow flotilla members complete their Auxiliary mandated training requirements, and coordinated nine Auxiliary C-schools across the country.
4. I applaud Commodore Jacobs' service to nation, duty to people, and commitment to excellence. He will be formally recognized as the 2016 Auxiliarist of the Year at the Auxiliary National Convention in Orlando, FL on August 26, 2017.
5. The following Auxiliarists are recognized with honorable mention and are congratulated for their outstanding performance and achievement:
6. RDML J. P. Nadeau, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, sends.
7. Internet release authorized.
2. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
3. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
- - - - - - - - - -
Posted by DIR-U on 9/22/2017