ALAUX 013-17 BASIC QUALIFICATION COURSE (BQC) II
Posted by COMO Susan Davies on 22 September 2017 09:09 AM
1. The Chief Director of Auxiliary has approved application of the Basic Qualification Course II (BQC II) towards elected office eligibility and the Operational Auxiliary (AUXOP) program as follows:
a. Elected office eligibility - Successful completion of the BQC II by the date of nomination now meets the same elected office eligibility requirement as that met by successful completion of the Administrative Procedures Course (APC) or the Flotilla Leadership Course (FLC) for election to Flotilla Vice Commander and Flotilla Commander. Any one of the these three courses (BQC II, APC, FLC) now meets the elected office eligibility requirement.
b. AUXOP program eligibility - The BQC II is now a leadership course option along with the other five AUXOP leadership course options. Its successful completion fulfills the requirement for one leadership credit in the AUXOP program.
c. Auxiliarists who have already successfully completed the BQC II's seven modules are grandfathered for both earning one AUXOP leadership credit and meeting the elected office eligibility requirement.
2. The BQC II can be completed online at the following web site: http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=T-DEPT&category=basic-qualification
3. More information about the AUXOP program can be found at the following web site: http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=T-DEPT&category=auxop-courses
4. This change is effective immediately and shall be incorporated into appropriate sections of Chapter 8 and Appendix C of the Coast Guard Auxiliary Manual.
5. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
6. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
- - - - - - - - - -
Posted by DIR-U on 9/22/2017