SUBJ: CHANGE IN COAST GUARD DIRECTIVES WEB SITE AND INTERIM AVAILABILITY OF ALTERNATE AUXILIARY ACCESS SITE -009/17
- The Coast Guard is changing how it projects its online presence to the public. Changes in its public information management system are expected to continue through September 2017. This will result in more consistent style and improved ability to share web content with other military services, as well as provide a more stable internet platform for public user interaction. The Coast Guard Office of Public Affairs (CG-0922) is overseeing this transition and new site management.
- A result of this transition is that changes are being made to the web locations of public-facing Coast Guard resources like manuals, instructions, and forms. Until recently, such resources were available through the www.uscg.mil/directives web site. That site has been changed to the web site of the Coast Guard Directives and Publications Division (CG-612): http://www.dcms.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Assistant-Commandant-for-C4IT-CG-6-/The-Office-of-Information-Management-CG-61/aboutCGDS/
- This transition will make for a more dynamic Coast Guard public-facing online environment. Therefore, links to the old Coast Guard directives site should be replaced with links to the new CG-612 site, and semi-annual checks of links to Coast Guard sites should be performed.
- If you go to www.uscg.mil/directives, you will instead be taken to the new CG-612 web site. This site is still being filled with public-facing Coast Guard manuals, instructions, and forms, and should be fully loaded by the end of June 2017. Until then, you may find that some Coast Guard publications that are often used by the Auxiliary are missing.
- In the interim, the Assistant National Commodore - FORCECOM (ANACO-FC, Commodore Bob Holm) and Deputy ANACO-FC (Pete Jensen) have created a temporary and easy-to-use repository for Auxiliary and often-used Coast Guard manuals and instructions. These manuals and instructions are now easily accessed and can be found at: http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=H-DEPT&category=auxiliary-manuals
- The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
- Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.