ALAUX 003-17 AUXILIARY FINANCIAL EDUCATOR (AUXFE) PROGRAM ESTABLISHMENT
Posted by Susan Davies on 17 March 2017 04:33 PM
SUBJ: AUXILIARY FINANCIAL EDUCATOR (AUXFE) PROGRAM ESTABLISHMENT - 003/17
1. The following authorized Auxiliary activity description is effective immediately. It will be included as part of the next change to the Coast Guard Auxiliary Manual, section 2.B. Programs/Activities Authorized for Auxiliarists:
AUXILIARY FINANCIAL EDUCATOR (AUXFE) PROGRAM
Implementation of the military Blended Retirement System (BRS) is a stated initiative under the Commandant's Human Capital Strategy that has been described in ALCOAST messages 222/16, 445/16, and 034/17 (https://www.uscg.mil/announcements/). It has significant long-term implications for many Coast Guard military personnel that will require them to make well-informed personal financial decisions through 2018. Auxiliarists are authorized to pursue and achieve designation as an Auxiliary Financial Educator (AUXFE) in order to educate Coast Guard military personnel about their available BRS options. AUXFE activity shall be limited to this scope of employment until appropriate Coast Guard and Coast Guard Auxiliary programmatic review deems otherwise. AUXFE designation and assignment to duty may only be achieved pursuant to successful completion of AUXFE Personal Qualification Standards (PQS) established by the Coast Guard Office of Reserve Affairs and Blended Retirement System (CG-131). The Assistant National Commodore-Chief Financial Officer (ANACO-CFO, Commodore Robert Bruce, firstname.lastname@example.org) shall serve as the Auxiliary's AUXFE program manager under the direction of the Auxiliary National Commodore and shall report to, and be supervised by, the Vice National Commodore. The ANACO-CFO shall be the only authorized source for AUXFE PQS. The ANACO-CFO may issue the AUXFE PQS only after interviewing an AUXFE applicant (i.e., the ANACO-CFO may deny PQS issuance based upon the outcome of the interview).
2. The Coast Guard has a strong need and desire for prompt Auxiliary support of the campaign to educate its military personnel in their Blended Retirement System options. To facilitate Auxiliary engagement in the AUXFE program, the accompanying AUXFE Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) will be posted on the CG-BSX-1 website (http://www.uscg.mil/auxiliary/default.asp) and the Auxiliary national website (http://www.cgaux.org). Auxiliarists interested in participating in this program should thoroughly review this SOP before submitting an AUXFE program application. The SOP's requisite Personal Qualification Standards (PQS) sign-off sheet must be obtained from the ANACO-CFO.
3. An AUXFE competency and accompanying task (PQS completion) have been established in AUXDATA.
4. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
5. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.