ALAUX 001-16 Auxiliary Musician (AUXMU) Program
Posted by on 03 February 2016 04:43 PM
SUBJ: AUXILIARY MUSICIAN (AUXMU) STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP) - 001/16
1. The Auxiliary Musician (AUXMU) Program Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) has been signed by the Chief Director of Auxiliary. This document culminates close and extensive work between Auxiliary grass-roots interests that launched the initiative, Auxiliary national leadership, and the Coast Guard Band. It provides programmatic structure through which Auxiliary musicians can qualify and perform authorized musical activities.
2. The AUXMU SOP can be found on the CG-BSX-1 web site at: http://www.uscg.mil/auxiliary/publications/default.asp , and on the Coast Guard Auxiliary web site at:
The Auxiliary national AUXMU program manager is Commodore Al Verdi, Auxiliary National Public Affairs Directorate, Branch Chief – Auxiliary Music (email@example.com).
3. Auxiliarists who are currently active musicians or who are interested in the program but need to "brush up" on previously proficient musical skills should contact Commodore Verdi, AND enter their information into the Auxiliary Skills Bank (website below) so that music program leaders can create email lists for disseminating AUXMU program information. Within Skills Bank, musical skills can be uploaded in three categories under "Arts, Design, and Entertainment and Media Occupations." The categories are "Music Directors and Composers," "Musicians and Singers," and "Entertainers and Performers."
4. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
5. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.