SUBJ: LAUNCH OF THE ENTERPRISE COMMON IDEATION PLATFORM (ECIP) -014/15
R 181130Z JUN 15
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-092//
SUBJ: LAUNCH OF THE ENTERPRISE COMMON IDEATION PLATFORM (ECIP)
1. The Coast Guard Innovation Program is excited to share the launch of the Enterprise Common Ideation Platform, ECIP Connect. ECIP Connect is a tool that is being prototyped to replace the legacy Innovation database. Rather than a passive tool that only receives information, ECIP Connect is a new crowd-sourcing tool designed to invite any Coast Guard member (active duty, civilian, reservist, Auxiliarist) to participate in Service "challenges" from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
2. ECIP Connect is designed to promote and strengthen the Services commitment to foster a culture of continuous innovation and learning. The intent is to demonstrate the value of a proven crowd-sourcing platform that supports innovation through real-time information sharing and engages the workforce to help solve the Services strategically targeted challenges.
3. ECIP Connect provides a positive and empowering experience where participants can voluntarily review challenges, submit possible solutions, and collaborate with other members of the workforce by voting, supporting, and influencing the best ideas as they are offered, advance toward possible prototypes, and potentially becoming implementable solutions.
4. The prototype period for ECIP Connect will run from now until 19SEP15. This period will be used to conduct research and influence the Innovation Program redesign. Participation from all Coast Guard members is highly encouraged as we collectively shape the future of the Innovation Program. Participation is voluntary.
5. If you would like to participate in this prototype and join the growing community of Coast Guard innovators, please visit http://ecipconnect.ideascale.com to register and learn more on how you can advance solutions forward. Note: "www" is not required in the website address.
6. For additional questions related to ECIP Connect or the Coast Guard Innovation Program, please contact Innovation Program Manager, LCDR Thomas (Andy) Howell, 202-372-4587, Thomas.A.Howell(at)uscg.mil, or innovation(at)uscg.mil.
7. Ellen Engleman Conners, Director of Governmental and Public Affairs, sends.
8. Internet release authorized.
2. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and Information.
3. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
4. CG-BSX sends.
Knowledgebase Note for Auxiliarists: For the Auxiliary Communities of Interest, go to communities.cgaux.org