ALAUX 006/15 announces termination of the Coast Guard's personal vehicle decal program. Auxiliarists who have a CG-issued decal on their POV should remove it immediately. The complete text of ALAUX 006/15 follows:
SUBJ: VEHICLE DECAL PROGRAM TERMINATION - 006/15
1. The Coast Guard terminated the personal vehicle decal program in September 2014. If not already removed, all Coast Guard-issued vehicle decals, including those issued to Auxiliarists as described in section
5.O.3. of the Coast Guard Auxiliary Manual (COMDTINST M16790.1 (series)), must be removed from personal vehicles and destroyed immediately.
2. As a reminder, proper identification including a valid Coast Guard, Auxiliary, DHS, DOD issued identification card, or State driver's license is needed to be granted access to Coast Guard and DoD facilities.
Additionally, vehicles are required to be registered, inspected, and insured in accordance with State and local laws in order to be operated on such facilities.
3. This change will be included in the next revision of the Coast Guard Auxiliary Manual.
4. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and
5. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
6. CG-BSX sends.
- - - - -
Date: 28 April 2015