Knowledgebase: Member Training
ALAUX 022-14 CHANGE TO AUX MANDATED TRAINING DEADLINE AND REQ
Posted by on 07 November 2014 05:03 PM
Subj: CHANGE TO AUXILIARY MANDATED TRAINING DEADLINE AND REQUIREMENTS
1. In January 2013, ALAUX 001/13 announced launch of the Auxiliary Learning Management System (AUXLMS) and its impact on Auxiliary Mandated Training (MT) requirements for new enrollees. New enrollees were required to complete all Auxiliary MT courses within their first year of enrollment. The first year of enrollment was defined as the Base Enrollment Date (BED) until 31 December of the year following the BED. For example, if a new enrollee had a BED of 15 November 2013, then they had until 31 December 2014 to complete all mandated training.
2. At the Auxiliary National Convention in August 2014, Auxiliary national leadership and the Chief Director of Auxiliary determined it appropriate to extend the deadline for Auxiliary MT completion for Auxiliarists who have enrolled since January 2013. Accordingly, the deadline has been extended from 31 December 2014 to 31 December 2015.
3. The deadline for Auxiliary MT completion for Auxiliarists who were already enrolled by January 2013 remains 31 December 2016.
4. Auxiliary MT is comprised of the following courses:
a. To be successfully completed during the first year of enrollment and then once every five years thereafter:
(1) Building Resilience and Preventing Suicide in the Coast Guard - course code 502379
(2) Security Fundamentals - course code 810030
(3) Privacy at DHS: Protecting Personal Information - course code 810015
(4) Sexual Harassment Prevention - course code 810000
(5) Sexual Assault Prevention / Response - course code 810045
(6) Civil Rights Awareness - course code 502319
b. To be successfully completed only once (new enrollees must complete them during the first year of enrollment):
(1) Ethics 1 / Personal Gifts - course code 502306
(2) Influenza Training - course code 502290
c. Recent changes to Coast Guard policy on Incident Command System (ICS) training requirements have resulted in the following additions to Auxiliary MT, to be successfully completed only once:
(1) Introduction to the Incident Command System - ICS-100
(2) Introduction to National Incident Management System (NIMS) - IS-700
New enrollees must complete these ICS courses during the first year of enrollment. Auxiliarists who have enrolled since January 2013 must complete them by 31 December 2015. All other Auxiliarists must
complete them by 31 December 2016. They can be taken online at:
http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/is/ICSResource/TrainingMaterials.htm. These FEMA sponsored ICS-100 and IS-700 courses are only available through the FEMA website and must be completed online.
5. There are several ways to complete the courses listed in paragraphs 4.a. and 4.b.:
a. Through the Auxiliary Learning Management System (AUXLMS) website: https://auxlearning.uscg.mil/).
b. In a classroom setting (e.g., a flotilla member training session) taught by a qualified Auxiliary instructor using the AUXLMS materials or using downloadable training materials that are available on the National Training Directorate web site (http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=t-dept).
c. The Auxiliary National Training Directorate will make webinar training sessions available on a recurring basis for members who prefer a facilitated presentation but are unable to attend an in-person classroom
training session. It is also developing downloadable training material that can be given to Auxiliarists who are unable to complete online training or attend a classroom training session. These additional options are expected to be available in February 2015. An ALAUX will announce their availability.
6. As each of the first six courses listed in paragraph 4.a. above is completed, its own five-year cycle will start. Each cycle will extend to 31 December of the fifth year regardless of the date the course was completed during the year, and so on. For example, if an Auxiliarist completes the Civil Rights Awareness course on 15 November 2014, then they will have to complete it again by 31 December 2019.
a. ICS-100 and IS-700 have been added to Auxiliary MT. That means six courses need to be successfully completed every five years, and four courses need to be successfully completed only once (during the first year of enrollment).
b. Auxiliarists who have enrolled since January 2013 have until 31 December 2015 to complete all Auxiliary MT.
c. Auxiliarists who were already enrolled by January 2013 have until 31 December 2016 to complete all Auxiliary MT.
d. Auxiliary MT may be completed through the AUXLMS or in a classroom setting using AUXLMS materials or downloadable training materials available on the National Training Directorate web site. Webinar training
sessions and other downloadable training material are under development and expected to be available in February 2015.
8. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and
9. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
10. CG-BSX sends.