ALAUX 016-14 The Foundation for Coast Guard History (FCGH) Award
Posted by on 01 September 2014 08:45 AM
1. ALCOAST 356/14 recently announced solicitation of nominations for the Foundation for Coast Guard History's (FCGH) annual unit, book and individual awards program for 2013. Auxiliary nominees are strongly encouraged.
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-092//
SUBJ: FOUNDATION FOR COAST GUARD HISTORY (FCGH) COAST GUARD 2013 AWARDS SOLICITATION
1. The Foundation for Coast Guard History (FCGH) has announced the solicitation of nominations for its annual unit, book and individual awards program for 2013.
2. The FCGH was formed on 4 August 1999 as a non-profit organization. Its objectives are to:
A. Provide support to the Coast Guard Historians office.
B. Encourage studies relating to the history of our service, and
C. Accord recognition to individuals, units and public and private organizations for both scholarly achievement and for raising public awareness of the challenges, accomplishments and character of the men and women who have contributed to the proud heritage of the Coast Guard.
3. Each year the FCGH recognizes both a large (Major Cutter, Air Station or
Sector) and small (Patrol Boat, Station, ATON Team, Auxiliary Flotilla) Coast Guard unit for contributions to preserving the history of the service.
These may be a single specific completed project or an ongoing, continuing undertaking. If sufficient nominations are received, the Awards Committee may use its discretion to divide the Large Unit award into two categories, one for those with dedicated public affairs staffs and those without. The large unit winner receives five hundred dollars and the small unit winner receives two hundred dollars for their unit morale fund. The criteria for eligibility for the unit awards are:
A. Units can be active duty, reserve duty, auxiliary or spouses club.
B. Units must be engaged in specific undertaking aimed at furthering public awareness of current activities or the history and heritage of the Coast Guard.
C. Units that receive the award in the past may not resubmit for a period of five (5) years.
4. In addition to the unit awards, the FCGH presents awards to authors whose work further the goals of the FCGH. There are two categories, U.S. Coast Guard Heritage and Lighthouses. The Heritage category encompasses all mission area of the U. S. Coast Guard and its predecessor services. The Lighthouse category is geared towards Lighthouses specifically. The criteria for eligibility for these two categories are that the books were published in 2013 and are available to the public.
5. The FCGH also recognizes individuals who have made important contributions in preserving and presenting the U.S. Coast Guards rich and varied heritage with its "Heritage Award for Individual Achievement." Units and organizations are encouraged to nominate individuals who have contributed to the furthering of Coast Guard history.
6. Units, organizations, authors and publishers may submit entries to the award committee.
A. For units entries, provide a concise written description, with two copies, of their units efforts.
B. For individual entries, provide a concise written description, with two copies, of their units efforts.
C. For book entries, proved a cover letter and three copies of the book.
D. Entries may include, but are not required to have, photographs or other material in support of their nomination. However, such submitted material will not be returned.
7. The deadline for the entries is 17 OCT 2014. Mail entries to: COAST GUARD UNIT AWARD COMMITTEE, FOUNDATION FOR COAST GUARD HISTORY, C/O JOHN GALLUZZO, 20 EVERGREEN LANE HANOVER MA 02339
8. Additional information may be obtained at the FCGHs website at WWW.FCGH.ORG.
9. Ms. Ellen Engleman Conners, Acting Director of Governmental and Public Affairs, sends.
9. Internet release is authorized.
2. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc.
All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and information.
3. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
4. CG-BSX-1 sends